Measures in place at ONE55
West HQ hygiene practices
Here at West HQ, protecting the health, safety, and wellbeing of our customers and workforce is our highest priority.
We continue to actively monitor all developments in relation to COVID-19 and are following advice immediately as issued by NSW Health and relevant related bodies.
Good hygiene is the best defence against spreading COVID-19. West HQ encourages all to practice proper hygiene methods including:
- Washing your hands regularly with soap and water (or use hand sanitiser), particularly before and after eating, and after touching items such as doorknobs
- When coughing or sneezing cover your mouth and nose into a flexed elbow
- If you are feeling unwell, please don’t risk your health or the health of others – stay at home
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth as this is how the virus can enter your body
- Avoid close contact with others, such as touching
- Dispose of tissues after single-use
- Follow health guidelines issued regarding latest updates
The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (as at 12 March) has issued recommendations regarding public events and spaces, noting specifically that:
- Public events should proceed as planned, as the risk to the general population from COVID-19 is low
- People that are unwell with cough or fever or other respiratory symptoms should not attend public events or gatherings
- People who have been a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19, or who returned from or transited through a listed higher risk country, must not attend public gatherings until 14 days after leaving the country or having contact with a confirmed case, even if they are completely symptom-free.
These recommendations are consistent with previous “business as usual” messages conveyed by the federal Chief Medical Officer and state and territory governments.
You should implement self-isolation immediately if you:
- You have symptoms of fever, shortness of breath, cough or sore throat; AND
- You have travelled from China, Iran, South Korea or Italy in the past 14 days: OR
- You have been in direct contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
For further medical advice, please contact your GP or local emergency department or call the health direct helpline 1800 022 222.
Together let’s work through this.