Are you looking to tone your tush, boost your butt and make that posterior more pert? With the help of One55, discover five of our favourite exercises to help build a booty. And don’t forget, head into our Western Sydney gym to practise these knock-out moves!
Sculpted, pert buttocks are everywhere. You only have to look at social media to see swarms of #fitspo images displaying round booties (Jen Selter, we’re looking at you!). But achieving your own, enviable bum doesn’t have to be the thing of dreams – all it takes is a little hard work and the right exercises.
So, without further ado, here are the five best exercises to help you achieve a powerful peach.
1. Barbell hip thrust
- Looking to perfect that posterior? Look no further! This exercise is championed by fitness fanatics worldwide and for good reason.
- Lie with your upper back resting on a bench, keeping knees bent and feet flat on the floor in front of you.
- Rest a slightly challenging, padded barbell across your hips.
- Keep your knees stable and drive your hips upwards, engaging your core as you do so.
- Rise until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Hold a count and slowly descend back down.
- Repeat for eight to 10 reps.
2. Bulgarian split squat
This booty blasting exercise truly tests your balance and works your quads, hamstrings, calves and of course, your glutes. It’s also a great way to improve core strength!
- Stand in a forward lunge position with your back facing a bench of around knee height.
- Reach your left foot back and place on top of the bench.
- Slowly lower your right knee, squeezing your glutes as you go, until your knee nearly touches the floor.
- Drive up through your right heel to the starting position.
- Complete 15 reps before switching legs.
Deadlifts not only target the tush, they’re also great for your lower back and hamstrings.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart holding a barbell in front of you, or a dumbbell at each side.
- Keep your arms straight and knees slightly bent.
- Slowly bend at the hips, keeping your back flat and abs tight.
- Lower until the weights reach your shins – keeping eyes forward to avoid rounding your back.
- Squeeze your glutes as you pull yourself back up at a quicker pace than it took to bend down.
- Complete 12 – 15 reps.
The step-up focuses on strength, balance and power, all while sculpting your buttocks!
- With dumbbells in hand and arms straight by your sides, place your left foot onto a chair or bench set in front of you.
- Press through your left foot and step onto the chair, bringing your right foot up so you are fully standing on the platform.
- Return to the starting position by stepping down with your left foot and then the right.
- Complete 15 steps with the left foot, then repeat with the right.
5. Jumping lunges
Forget normal lunges. This high-impact version will have you fitting into those skinny jeans and rounding your butt in no time!
- Stand with your feet together and knees soft.
- With your core engaged, jump and land into a lunge with your right leg forward.
- Without resting, jump your feet back together and hop into a lunge with your left leg in front.
- Continue alternating lunges until you’ve completed 20 (10 per leg).
With a fantastic array of tush-toning exercises under your belt, head on over to One55 to put these posterior moves to the test!